Groundwater Environmental Management Services, Inc (GEMS), is a young, dynamic and professional environmental consulting and monitoring firm, based out of Maple Ontario. GEMS employs pro-active methodologies in design, permit applications and monitoring related to; project environmental monitor representation, erosion and sedimentation control, creek or wetland mitigation, groundwater control (dewatering), water balancing and all construction related activities in sensitive areas at all stages of a project. GEMS also specializes in providing accelerated services and emergency response. GEMS' main areas of expertise are concentrated within the ecological, aquatic/fisheries and hydrogeological service sectors.
General Job Description:
As the Intermediate Hydrogeologist your role will include but is not limited to independently performing the implementation of hydrogeological investigations and monitoring programs primarily related to Permits to Take Water under MOE Reg 903. You will be required to liaise with clients, prepare quotations, budgets and work plans for upcoming projects and manage them to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget. You will work closely with provincial regulatory officials prior to and following submission of permit applications, as well as communication during agency review and the monitoring program.
- Conduct hydrogeological investigations including performance and interpretation of aquifer performance assessments (pumping tests) with the specific knowledge of the Permit to Take Water (PTTW) process
- Perform hydrogeological studies for the evaluation of environmental risk and impact assessment and development of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) and water balancing for review by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare proposals, work plans and budgets
- Review work of junior professional staff as required
- Work closely with regulatory agency officials
- Manage project budgets and schedule and liaise with clients to ensure that their requirements are being addressed and schedules are being met.
- Travel to and from jobsites on a regular basis
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Earth Sciences with specialization in Hydrogeology, or Water Resources,Civil or Geological Engineering, Master's Degree would be an asset
- Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) or Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) status within the Province of Ontario
- Very strong communication (written and oral), client relationship building and presentation skills
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant Canadian experience in the same field, preferably within the environmental consulting industry
- Proficient with GIS and MS Office applications, use of groundwater modeling programs (WinFlow and Aquifer Test) and AutoCAD software would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation
- Some supervisory experience
- Experience in performing environmental site investigations (Phases I through III) including overseeing site remediation activities is an asset
Send Resume attention HR Department
Please include salary expectations