Groundwater Environmental Management Services Inc. ( GEMS ) is currently seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to join and be a key member of our growing Team. This position is based in our new office in Vaughan, and will report directly to the Manager of Environmental Compliance, and will participate in the current expansion of our client base, services and specialized professional operations.
This position provides a very exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to contribute while making an advancement in their own career, enjoys working with a very progressive and hands on team where they can both apply their specialized skills and also challenge them in an inspiring environment – an environment that is always looking to make advancements in applied sciences and employment of advanced technologies to support same – specifically catering to the trending needs of all sectors of our industry.
The primary focus for the Senior Hydrogeologist is to provide guidance and consulting services in specialist areas for the construction and development industry related to hydrogeological characterization, feasibility studies, environmental permitting, construction dewatering, injection and well testing, and environmental impact assessments. The candidate will also have substantial experience, and technical expertise related to site groundwater management, and deep groundwater investigations. The Senior Hydrogeologist is expected to establish and to develop new business opportunities through existing networks and contacts. The successful individual will also interact with key clients and actively maintain those relationships.
- Source opportunities and prepare proposals for both public and private sector clients, including providing support to other inter-office multidisciplinary teams
- Oversee Hydrogeology component of large and complex infrastructure, development and mining projects, including directing work plans that include assessments, MOECC Permit to Take Water (PTTW) and EASR, Construction Dewatering, Groundwater Monitoring, Discharge Permits and Monitoring, and Groundwater Modeling
- Providing technical expertise and/or support for geologic and hydrogeologic investigations, hydrogeologic testing, geologic and hydrogeologic visualization, analytical and numerical groundwater flow modeling, contaminated site investigation and characterization, and development of conceptual site models
- Manage projects and undertake technical work to meet or establish contract scope requirements, legislative standards, company policies and procedures
- Perform hydrogeological studies for the evaluation of environmental risk and impact assessment and development of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) and water balancing for review by regulatory agencies
- Liaise with regulatory agency officials in support of applications
- Manage project budgets and schedule and liaise with clients to ensure that their requirements are being addressed and schedules are being met
- Review work of junior/intermediate professional staff
- Mentor and supervise junior/intermediate professional staff to ensure quality client results and monitor utilization rates
- Identify opportunities to present at industry conferences, associations and new client development to expand and strengthen the GEMS brand
The Successful Candidate:
You are passionate, client focused, and take pride in advocating and communicating a professional image of yourself, the company and the clients, both internally and externally. You take accountability for decisions made and conduct yourself in a respectful and ethical manner when representing the company and client’s interests. You demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities, demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. You thrive on being a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goals.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Earth Sciences with specialization in Hydrogeology, or Water Resources, Civil or Geological Engineering, Master's Degree would be an asset
- Currently registered with APGO (P.Geo) and/or PEO (P.Eng.)
- Very strong communication (written and oral), client relationship building and presentation skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in environmental consulting, engineering consultant or similar field
- Experience with groundwater resources, hydrogeological assessments, MOECC Permit to Take Water and EASR, construction dewatering, groundwater monitoring, geochemistry, environmental assessments, and/or groundwater modeling
- Proficient with GIS and MS Office applications, use of groundwater modeling and drafting software would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation
- Supervisory experience
Send resume to (including salary expectations): fax: 905-907-6617 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org