Junior Environmental Inspector
Groundwater Environmental Management Services, Inc (GEMS), located in Maple Ontario, Canada, is a young, dynamic and professional environmental consulting and monitoring firm. GEMS employs pro-active methodologies in design, permit applications and monitoring related to project environmental monitor representation, erosion and sedimentation control, creek or wetland mitigation, groundwater control (dewatering) and all construction related activities in sensitive areas at all stages of a project. GEMS also specializes in providing accelerated services and emergency response. GEMS' main areas of expertise are concentrated within the ecological, aquatic/fisheries biology and hydrogeological service sectors. GEMS has secured several long-term Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Monitoring projects, for which additional staffing is needed. GEMS is a leader in the ESC industry among private consultants and continues to build its reputation. As the organization expands in this growing market, striving to stay ahead of the trends, key professional staff to support this are required.
General Job Description:
As the Junior Environmental Inspector your role will include, but is not limited to, conducting erosion and sedimentation control inspections, surface and/or groundwater level sampling, surface and/or groundwater quality sampling, domestic well sampling and other such related project works. You will be required to report and take direction from senior staff and project managers in the fisheries/aquatic, ecological and/or hydrogeological departments within the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring that GEMS is providing high quality service on project sites, preparing site inspection reports, entering data into excel spreadsheets to prepare graphs and charts, summarizing field data collected, and providing assistance to senior staff and project managers as required in the office. You will be responsible for keeping up-to-date knowledge on the regulations and acts that apply to the work you are performing.
It must be noted that it is a requirement of the position to attain the Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) certification.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection
- Groundwater/surface water level measurement
- Water/soil sampling and quality analysis
- Perform field monitoring
- Oversee construction activity
- Install and set-up monitoring equipment
- Research various sources to collect data
- Input and chart data
- Write field reports
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- College Diploma in environmental geography, earth science, environmental science, fish and wildlife or related.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and vehicle for regular travel to jobsites
- Knowledge of Government regulations is an asset
Send Resume attention HR Department
Please include salary expectations