Junior Environmental Scientist
Groundwater Environmental Management Services, Inc (GEMS) is a young, dynamic and professional environmental consulting and monitoring firm based out of Maple Ontario. GEMS employs pro-active methodologies in design, permit applications and monitoring related to project environmental monitor representation, erosion and sedimentation control, creek or wetland mitigation, groundwater control (dewatering) and all construction related activities in sensitive areas at all stages of a project. GEMS also specializes in providing accelerated services and emergency response. GEMS' main areas of expertise are concentrated within the ecological, aquatic/fisheries biology and hydrogeological service sectors.
General Job Description:
As a Junior Environmental Scientist, you will report to senior staff in the ecological, aquatic/fisheries biology and hydrogeological service sectors. You will perform field site investigations and collect, input, analyze and organize data to assist senior staff in report preparation. You will also perform field monitoring duties, interacting with third party and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contract, federal, provincial and local guidelines.
- Oversee drilling activities
- Soil/groundwater sampling
- Discharge water sampling and quality analysis
- Aquifer/feasibility studies
- Oversee construction activity
- Install and set-up monitoring equipment
- Research various sources to collect data
- Perform field monitoring
- Assist with Amphibian and Bird Surveys
- Assist with Vegetation Assessments
- Assist with Stream Assessments
- Write field reports
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Diploma in geology, hydrogeology, earth science, environmental science or related major. A bachelor's degree in any of the areas of study is beneficial.
- Project management experience
- Good knowledge of government regulations is an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to vehicle for regular travel to jobsites
Send resume to (including salary expectations): fax: 905-907-6617 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org