Groundwater Environmental Management Services, Inc (GEMS), is a young, dynamic and professional environmental consulting and monitoring firm, based out of Maple Ontario. GEMS employs pro-active methodologies in design, permit applications and monitoring related to; project environmental monitor representation, erosion and sedimentation control, creek or wetland mitigation, groundwater control (dewatering), water balancing and all construction related activities in sensitive areas at all stages of a project. GEMS also specializes in providing accelerated services and emergency response. GEMS' main areas of expertise are concentrated within the ecological, aquatic/fisheries biology and hydrogeological service sectors.
General Job Description:
As the Senior Hydrogeologist you will oversee the implementation of hydrogeological investigations and monitoring programs. You will prepare quotations, budgets and work plans for upcoming projects to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget. You will liaise with provincial regulatory officials prior to and following submission of permit applications, as well as communication during agency review. Mentorship and supervision of junior and intermediate professional staff is an important part of your role. At this capacity you will schedule and oversee junior and intermediate professional staff and related activities pertaining to hydrogeological investigations and monitoring programs, review reports prepared by junior/intermediate staff that summarize the results of the hydrogeological studies and monitoring programs, and liaise with GEMS clients. As Senior Hydrogeologist you will also provide emergency response services related to mitigation of impacts from activities such as construction dewatering and/or failure of municipal infrastructure. You will carry out investigations to delineate extent of contaminated property in compliance with existing brownfield legislation.
- Conduct hydrogeological investigations including performance and interpretation of aquifer performance (pumping tests) with the specific knowledge of the Permit to Take Water (PTTW) process
- Perform environmental site investigations (Phases I through III) including overseeing site remediation activities
- Perform hydrogeological studies for the evaluation of environmental risk and impact assessment and development of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) and water balancing for review by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare extensive technical reports
- Prepare proposals, workplans and budgets
- Review work of junior/intermediate professional staff
- Mentor and supervise junior/intermediate professional staff
- Liaise with regulatory agency officials in support of permit applications
- Manage project budgets and schedule and liaise with clients to ensure that their requirements are being addressed and schedules are being met.
- Travel to and from jobsites on a regular basis
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Earth Sciences with specialization in Hydrogeology, or Water Resources, Civil or Geological Engineering, Master's Degree would be an asset
- Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) or Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) status, or immediately eligible to register within the Province of Ontario
- Very strong communication (written and oral), client relationship building and presentation skills
- Minimum of 5 years of Canadian experience in a similar field, preferably within the environmental consulting industry
- Proficient with GIS and MS Office applications, use of groundwater modeling and drafting software would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation
- Supervisory experience
Send resume to (including salary expectations): fax: 905-907-6617 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org