Erosion & Sediment Control (ESC)
Erosion & Sediment Control (ESC) measures must be employed to ensure water quality protection.
Preventing erosion, automatically results in sediment control. That said, we all know we can not completely control erosion therefore, sediment controls are also needed. Implementing both erosion and sediment controls on your site will minimize sediment from entering a watercourse, wetland or storm drain.
There are a variety of ESC, filtration and treatment products and methods available. The key is in understanding each one and how they work, or don’t work, in certain applications, separately or in conjunction. A product or method that worked on this construction site application doesn’t necessarily mean it will work on your next project. At GEMS, we pride ourselves on truly understanding the project challenges to select the right products for the right application.
- Conducts Site Assessments & Develops ESC plans
- Provides Recommendations and Implements ESC Measures
- Performs ESC Inspections by Certified Inspector of Sediment & Erosion Control (CISEC)
- Performs Monitoring, Inspection and Compliance
- Provides Increased Monitoring During Pre and Post Rain Events to Ensure ESC Measures are Working Effectively
- Addresses ESC Failures and Recommends and Implements Mitigation Measures